Rhubarb and Strawberry Savoury Mustard Muffins served with Comté Cheese #GIVEAWAY
Did you know that you can create TASTY deserts using mustard? I bet you had the same reaction as me and thought there is no way! Well, be prepared to have your mind blown with this super tasty recipe that not only uses fruit and cheese but also a favourite condiment in our house. My oldest uses it on EVERYTHING and will often refuse to eat something if we run out.
I was thrilled to be introduce to Maille products last year and we have been in love since. From the rich colour, to deep flavour our taste buds are taken on a wild ride with each bite. I love the varieties they offer and know that I can count on them to add a richness to my food that was not there before.
Did you know that mustard has other benefits other then adding great flavour to your food?
- Mustard has a lower fat content and fewer calories making it a great alternative to your sandwiches or to add to salads. As mentioned before my oldest loves it and uses it to dip just about everything in including his fries. I love knowing that he is not loading up on sugary sauces or dips.
- Maille Mustard is an excellent source of nutrients, omega 3-fatty acids, fiber, protein, iron and calcium to just name a few.
- Also an added bonus is mustard increases your saliva production, which aides in the help of digestion.
With so many great benefits I was thrilled to find new ways to add mustard to our recipes. Check out the great recipe below and see how you can start using Maille mustard in your baking and see how you can take your taste buds to the next level.
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp salt
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 40g Maille Honey Mustard
- 200ml milk
- 90g butter, melted
- 350g cooked beetroot, grated
- 2tbsp chopped chives
- 360g Comte cheese (or emmantal), sliced to serve
- 1-2 handfuls of fresh strawberry and rhubarb pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5. Line a muffin tin with 8 paper muffin cases.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- In a large jug, beat together the egg and the mustard until combined. Stir in the milk, then the melted butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, along with the beetroot, chives, fresh strawberry pieces and rhubarb. Take care not to over-mix – stir gently until the ingredients are just combined (do not beat).
- Spoon the mixture into the paper muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen.
- Leave to cool, then serve at room temperature with a slice of Comté cheese
Not only does Maille make great mustard, but they also carry a fabulous line of pickles, oils, balsamic and fruit vinegars making the brand a great addition to you kitchen condiment selection. The fun part? The Knit Wit and I are offering one lucky reader the chance to #WIN a fabulous Mille Gift Pack just in time for your summer entertaining! Check out the giveaway form below to see how you can earn various entries. After you enter the giveaway head on over and check out what The Knit Wit has to say by clicking here.
This giveaway is open to residents of Canada that are 18 years of age or older. Naturally Cracked and The Knit Wit are not responsible for prize fulfilment.