We eat out WAY TO MUCH! Between swimming, skating and now horseback riding lessons for my oldest we seem to rush a lot. By the time we pick up from daycare and get home some nights, there is just no time because I forgot to take something out. This week I am meal planning. Yes, it seems simple enough, lets just hope I stay on track long enough to see a difference. The first recipe we tried was the Cheesy Broccoli Chicken & Rice Casserole Freezer Meal. It easily makes 2 meals for a smaller family or 1 meal for a larger family with a little leftovers. Everyone liked it, did not complain and ate it. In out house that’s a win so I thought I would share it with you. Great recipe to double and freeze multiple meals.
- 4 Cups of Cooked Rice (4 Cups of Uncooked Rice & 8 Cups of Water)
- 4 Cups of Cooked & Diced Chicken Breast
- 2 Cans of Cream of Chicken or Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups of Broccoli Fleurettes Steamed
- 1Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 3 Cups of Cheese
- 1.5 Cups of Milk
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Prepare your broccoli, rice and chicken a head of time. I did this the night before.
- Mix the Rice, Chicken Broccoli, Cream of mushroom Soup, Cheese and Milk in a Large Bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the mixture into two casserole dishes or 2 large freezer bags ( This will depend on family size, how much you eat, if you take left overs for lunch etc)
- To prepare you need to thaw and Bake for 30 Minutes on 350 Degrees.
Super creamy and delicious! If you would like to sprinkle a little extra cheese during the last 10 minutes of baking feel free, but we enjoyed it without any extra. This is super easy and a great time saver, and happy to report my youngest even ate it!