I have always loved snacking on the chow mein noodles that came with the Chinese food. No one in my family really enjoyed them so I always got them all. Never in a million years would I have thought to bake with them. Julie over at Beautiful Tomorrow made these sweet treats for Christmas and I want them like, yesterday! Check out her recipe she uses below.
Chow Mein Haystacks
You will only need 3 ingredients:
- Dried Chow Mein noodles
- Chocolate Wafers (we used white chocolate)
- Peanuts (We used dry roasted peanuts)
- Melt Chocolate wafers in a glass bowl in the microwave until mostly melted. Stir to mix and melt any chunks left. (I microwaved mine for about 3 minutes, 1 minute at a time.)
- While chocolate is in the microwave, combine the chow mein noodles and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Once Chocolate is melted, pour over chow mein and nut mixture and gently stir to cover.
- With a spoon, place spoonful’s of mixture on to a cookie tray.
- Place in fridge to cool and harden.
The only question you have left is who is going to lick the bowl!! With these, you can make them as big or small as you like! If you ask me, the bigger haystacks are the best!! 😉